The Freedom Church Alliance is a growing alliance of churches, founded by prayer, united to fight human trafficking, and motivated by the love of Jesus Christ. It is our desire to live out what Jesus said was the command that sums up all of His commands, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself’” (Luke 10:27). We long to make the name of Jesus famous in the anti-human trafficking movement because we believe that in Him salvation, redemption and hope are found.
It’s our desire to love well every person God puts in our path. We serve and work with organizations and groups who share our beliefs as well as others who do not. We value all of our partnerships within the anti-human trafficking movement.
Because we are an alliance made up of different denominations, we understand that there will be issues we disagree upon but do not undermine the basic doctrinal foundations of the faith, the gospel, or our mission. Nonetheless, it is imperative that we, the member churches that make up the Alliance, share a commitment to a basic core of beliefs. These shared beliefs are essential because they shape the way we view and approach the problem of human trafficking and the restorative process. We live in shifting times, but our beliefs are rooted in the holy word of God. We celebrate these beliefs because we hold firm to the conviction that all human flourishing begins and ends with God. “He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He” (Deuteronomy 32:4).
- We believe in one God, who exists eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, is fully God and fully human; He demonstrated God’s love for sinners by suffering the penalty of death in their place, rose from the dead and ascended to heaven where He sits at the right hand of God the Father (John 1:1; Matthew 1:18,25; Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 9:15-22; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 9:27-28).
- We believe in salvation by grace received through faith in Jesus Christ, who alone, through His life, death and bodily resurrection, redeems us from sin and reconciles us unto God. We believe Jesus is not a solution for some, but the solution for all. (John 14:6; Acts 2:38; Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:8-10).
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ will return personally in glory, raise the dead, and judge the world. Those who are in Christ to enjoy eternal life with God, and those who are lost to suffer eternal separation from Him (Luke 21:34-36; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 9:28; 2 Timothy 4:1; Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who imparts new life to those who believe in Christ. Through His indwelling presence and transforming power He gives, equips and empowers believers for holy living and effective service (John 14:15-26; John 16:5-16; Ephesians 1:13-14).
- We believe the Bible is the written Word of God. We believe in the divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and final authority of the Bible in all matters of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Joshua 1:8; Psalm 119:160; John 12:48,49; 2 Peter 1:20,21).
- We believe in the essential unity of all believers, who together form one Church, diverse in form and expression, of which Christ is the Head. The Church is commissioned by God to make disciples of all nations. We are called to do good works and to be salt and light in a dark world (I Corinthians 12:12-14; Galatians 3:26-28; Matthew 28:16-20; Ephesians 4:1-6; Matthew 5:14-16).
- We believe that all people are made in the image of God and therefore have intrinsic value and worth, and are deserving of love, respect and dignity from conception through death. We believe all forms of abuse, oppression, or dehumanization towards fellow humans is an affront against God’s sacred image (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10).
- We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female and desires for all people to express their gender in accordance with their biological sex. (Genesis 1:26-27; Matthew 15:18-20; Romans 1: 25-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Ephesians 5:3-5).
- We believe God’s design for sexual intimacy is only expressed within the covenant of marriage. God instituted marriage between one man and one woman as the foundation of the family and a symbol which illustrates the relationship between Christ and the Church. We believe His boundaries and design are essential in the pursuit of sexual healing and wholeness (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Romans 1:25-32).
As the body of Jesus Christ sent out into the world to unite all things unto Him through his power, we invite all churches who gladly hold to these core beliefs to join us in the fight against the evils of human trafficking and its widespread impact.
We encourage all, whether in agreement with us or not, to continue fighting the evil of human trafficking in all its forms. We are happy to share with anyone and everyone joined in this common effort.